How do I switch Gmail accounts?
How to Change Your Default Gmail account [Step by Step Guide]
- Go to your Gmail inbox.
- Click on your profile image at the top right of your inbox.
- Sign out of your account. …
- Back in Gmail.com, click Sign in and choose your preferred default account.
- Enter your password.
- Click Next.
Can I have 2 Gmail accounts on my phone?
Add or remove your account
You can add both Gmail and non-Gmail accounts to the Gmail app for Android. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app . In the top right, tap your profile picture. Tap Add another account.
Why can’t I change my Gmail address?
If Gmail doesn’t permit you to change your email address, your only way out is to create a new email account. You can follow this up by importing your existing data and then informing your colleagues, friends, and family about your new Gmail address. Step #1 Make a new Gmail account.
How do I set up a new Google account if I already have one?
Use an existing email address
- Go to the Google Account Sign In page.
- Click Create account.
- Enter your name.
- Click Use my current email address instead.
- Enter your current email address.
- Click Next.
- Verify your email address with the code sent to your existing email.
- Click Verify.
How do I delete a Gmail account from my Android?
Remove a Google or other account from your phone
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Passwords & accounts. …
- Under “Accounts for,” tap the account you want to remove. …
- To confirm, tap Remove account. …
- If this is the only Google Account on the phone, you’ll need to enter your phone’s pattern, PIN, or password for security.
Can I have 2 different Gmail accounts?
If you have more than one Google Account, you can sign in to multiple accounts at once. That way, you can switch between accounts without signing out and back in again. Your accounts have separate settings, but in some cases, settings from your default account might apply.
Can I change my Gmail address without creating a new account?
You can’t change your username or the actual email address. You can only change the name associated with the account. If people have you saved as something else in their contacts, that’s the name they’ll see. Your “new name” will only show up in emails you send to them.
Can I edit my Gmail address?
You can change the name that’s linked to your email address. Important: The name linked to your email address is not your username. You can’t change your username or email address.
Can I create a new Gmail account?
Go to the Google Account creation page. Follow the steps on the screen to set up your account. Use the account you created to sign in to Gmail.