How do I get my PC to recognize my Android phone?
1. Check USB computer connection settings
- On your Android device open Settings and go to Storage.
- Tap the more icon in the top right corner and choose USB computer connection.
- From the list of options select Media device (MTP).
- Connect your Android device to your computer, and it should be recognized.
Why is my phone not showing up when I plug it into my computer?
Restart Both Devices, Use Another Port and Cable
You should first try to deal with the most obvious cause —a faulty USB port. The easiest way to do so is to restart both devices: Disconnect your cable. Reboot the computer and smartphone.
Why is my phone not detecting USB?
Go to Settings> Storage> More (three dots menu)> USB computer connection, choose Media device (MTP). For Android 6.0, go to Settings> About phone (> Software info), tap “Build number” 7-10 times. Back to Settings> Developer options, check “Select USB Configuration”, choose MTP.
How do I change USB settings on Android?
To change USB preferences
- Connect a USB cable to your device.
- Drag down the status bar, and then tap Android System next to (USB icon).
- Tap Tap for more options, and then select an option.
How do I turn on USB notifications on Android?
On the device, go to Settings > About <device>. Tap the Build number seven times to make Settings > Developer options available. Then enable the USB Debugging option.
Why won’t my Samsung phone connect to my computer?
Check Your Phone’s USB Cable
If your Samsung phone won’t connect to PC, the first step is to check the USB cable that you are using to connect it to your computer. Samsung recommends that you always use the official cable that came with your phone.
Why can’t I transfer photos from my Samsung phone to computer?
Your PC can’t find the device if the device is locked. On your PC, select the Start button and then select Photos to open the Photos app. Select Import > From a connected device, then follow the instructions. You can pick the items you want to import and select where to save them.
How do I connect my Samsung phone to PC?
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings > Connections.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. …
- To share your connection, select the USB tethering check box.
- Tap OK if you would like to learn more about tethering.
How do I change my Android from charging to USB?
In your phone go to Settings->Connect to PC. There you will see the option Default Connection Type . Select it and set it to your preference.
It’s hidden in a totally unintuitive location:
- Go to settings.
- Go to storage.
- Open the menu and choose USB computer connection.