How do I reset my message settings on my Android?
Follow these steps to reset SMS settings to default values on Android:
- Open Messages.
- Choose Settings.
- Reset all settings to factory values.
- Restart your device.
Why is my text messaging not working?
After force-closing, delete the app’s cache data and try again if Messages still isn’t working. Open the Messages app menu (Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Messages), select Storage & cache, and tap Clear Cache. Open Messages and check if it works correctly. Otherwise, clear the app’s data.
How do I troubleshoot text messages on Android?
Update the messaging app to resolve any bugs or obscure issues preventing you from sending text messages.
- Check Blocked Numbers. If you can’t send text messages to one person, it could be that their number is blocked. …
- Clear Your Text Message App’s Cache and Data. …
- Reset SMS Settings to Default. …
- Check SMSC.
Why am I not receiving my text messages on my Android phone?
Steps to follow when Android is not receiving text messages:
Clear the cache from your text app. Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly. Ensure your phone is not in Airplane Mode. Confirm that your carrier supports SMS and MMS messaging.
How do I reset my text messages?
How to restore your SMS messages with SMS Backup & Restore
- Launch SMS Backup & Restore from your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap Restore.
- Tap the checkboxes next to the backups you want to restore. Depending on what you chose to back up, you may have both call logs and SMS messages.
Why do I have a text message notification but no message?
If your Android is constantly notifying you of new or unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your messaging app’s cached or saved data. Sometimes these issues will clear up automatically upon receipt of a new message, so try asking someone to send you a message first.
How do I open text messages on Android?
To open Messaging
- From the Home screen, tap Messaging . The Messaging screen will open, where you can create a new message or open an ongoing message thread. New Message Icon. …
- Tap the New message icon to start a new text or multimedia message.
- Tap an existing message thread to open it. TIP. QUICK REPLY.
How do I reset my message settings on my Samsung?
From Messages, tap More options (the three vertical dots). Tap Settings, and then adjust your desired options: Chat settings: Change your preferences for group chats.
Why does messages keep stopping?
The corrupted caches and data or incorrect settings can also cause your messages app to stop working. So if you want to solve this problem, you can go to reset the messages app by clearing the caches and data in the messages app.
How do I clear Android message cache?
- Open the app drawer.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on your Messaging App.
- Tap Storage.
- Tap Clear data.
Why can’t I send or receive text messages?
If your Android won’t send text messages, the first thing you should do is make sure you have a decent signal — without cell or Wi-Fi connectivity, those texts are going nowhere. A soft reset of an Android can usually fix an issue with outgoing texts, or you can also force a power cycle reset.
Why am I not receiving text messages on my Samsung?
If your Samsung can send but Android not receiving texts, the first thing you need to try is to clear the Messages app’s cache and data. Head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear Cache. After clearing the cache, head back to the setting menu and select Clear Data this time. Then restart your device.
Why is my phone not getting verification texts?
Make sure you have Push Notifications enabled for the Pop.in app, otherwise on both iOS and Android that can prevent the SMS from coming through. Make sure your mobile device does not block SMS from unknown contacts, this might block the SMS sent from the short number. Close and re-open the app.