Can I install macOS from another Mac?
That means that you can copy Mac OS X, and all installed software and files, directly from one computer to another, and it should boot up and function properly.
How do I reinstall macOS remotely?
If the other computer is a Mac, open Applications > Utilities > Remote Install Mac OS X. On Windows, choose “Remote Install Mac OS X” from the Install Assistant.
Click Continue to begin.
- Read the introduction and click Continue.
- Choose the install disc you want to use, and click Continue.
How do I reinstall macOS without USB?
- Restart your Mac, or power it on, while holding down the Command + R key combination.
- Release the Command + R key combination once you see the Apple logo on display. …
- Once you see a window like the one below, click on Disk Utility and Erase your main Mac HDD (or SSD).
How do I reinstall macOS manually?
It is the easiest way to install a fresh copy of an operating system.
- Connect your Mac to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Select Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Hold down Command and R (⌘ + R) at the same time. …
- Click on Reinstall a new copy of macOS.
How do I clone my Mac operating system?
The Cloning Process
- Select your new volume (indented) and click on the “Restore” tab.
- Drag your old volume to the Source field.
- Drag your new hard drive to the Destination field.
- Click the check box for “Erasing Destination”.
- Click restore at the bottom and it then will start copying over to your new hard drive.
What happens when you erase a Mac remotely?
When you erase a device remotely using Find My, Activation Lock remains on to protect your device. Your Apple ID and password are required to reactivate it. If you remove the device from Find My, Activation Lock is turned off.
Can you factory reset a Macbook remotely?
Remotely erase a device
In the Find My app on your Mac, click Devices. In the Devices list, select the device you want to erase, then click the Info button on the map. Click Erase This Device. Note: You can also Control-click the device in the Devices list, then choose Erase this Device.
Can I reset my Mac remotely?
For more remote control fun, remember that you can sleep a Mac remotely through email or SSH too. It’s less dramatic, but perhaps more practical on a day to day basis.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
Can’t Reinstall OS X On Your Mac? Try Resetting The PRAM
- First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar.
- Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. …
- After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
Does reinstalling Mac delete everything?
No. Reinstalling macOS does not have to wipe all other data that you have stored. It is often recommended to reinstall macOS on top of the current installation. It is done from the Recovery partition using the same Command-R reboot.
Can you install macOS from USB?
Using Your Bootable macOS USB
You can perform a fresh install of macOS, restore from a Time Machine backup, or access tools like Disk Utility from the macOS Utilities screen. You can also use your USB drive to upgrade macOS to the latest version.