What is the default password for Dell BIOS?
Every computer has a default administrator password for the BIOS. Dell computers use the default password “Dell.” If that does not work, do a quick inquiry of friends or family members that have used the computer recently.
How can I reset my Dell laptop without administrator password?
Reset Dell Laptop to Factory Settings without Knowing Admin Password
- From the login screen, click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the screen. …
- The computer will restart and take you to the troubleshooting option screen. …
- Now you’ll see the options to reset or refresh your computer. …
- Click Next.
What is the Dell administrator password?
Every computer has a default administrator password for the BIOS. Dell computers use the default password “Dell.” If that does not work, do a quick inquiry of friends or family members that have used the computer recently. It is possible that somebody else set the BIOS password to regulate computer usage.
How do you master reset a Dell laptop?
First, from the Welcome screen, restart your laptop while holding down the Shift key. This easy combo allows you to access advanced boot menu options. Once the menu comes on, select “Troubleshoot” and click on “Reset this PC.” Here you will erase all data, including the forgotten password, and reinstall Windows 8.
How do you factory reset a Dell computer?
Restore your Dell computer using Windows Push-Button Reset
- Click Start. …
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Remove everything.
- If you are keeping this computer, select Just remove my files. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
Can you reset a laptop without the password?
It’s not possible to reset a forgotten password and the only option then open to you is to completely reset Windows. This will erase your documents, photos, music, programs, apps and settings. Windows 10 will go back to how it was when you first bought the laptop or PC.
What is BIOS administrator password?
This password is also called “Admin password” or “Supervisor password” which is used to prevent others from changing your BIOS settings. … This password might also be called “User password” or “Power-on password” and it can stop someone powering up your computer.