How do I start XAMPP in Ubuntu terminal?
Create a Shortcut to Start XAMPP in Ubuntu
- Right-click on the Ubuntu desktop and select “Create Launcher.”
- Select “Application in Terminal” for the Type.
- Enter “Start XAMPP” for the Name (or enter whatever you want to call your shortcut).
- Enter “ sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start ” into the Command field.
- Click OK.
How do I start XAMPP on Linux?
To start XAMPP simply call this command: /opt/lampp/lampp start Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.5.
Can you use XAMPP on Linux?
XAMPP is a software package that contains Apache HTTP server, PHP, MariaDB/MySQL, and Perl. Since it’s cross-platform, we can use it on Windows, Linux, and Mac, as well. XAMPP for Linux is called LAMPP. This package, created by apache friends, offers services as a local host or local server.
Is XAMPP available for Ubuntu?
Since most actual web server deployments use the same components as XAMPP, it makes transitioning from a local test server to a live server possible.
|Platform||IA-32 (Windows package only) and x64 (macOS and Linux packages only)|
|Size||Windows: 164 MB Linux: 151 MB macOS: 361 MB|
|Available in||11 languages|
Where is XAMPP on Ubuntu?
- Try to go to /opt/lampp.
- If you can, it means Xampp for Linux it’s installed, but if you want to know the version, in the same path of step 1, put in your command line ./xampp status You will know XAMPP for Linux version and Apache, MySQL and ProFTPD status (running or not).
Where is XAMPP folder in Ubuntu?
4 Answers. The htdocs folder can be found in /opt/lampp/ . You can navigate to your root folder from the file manager (nautilus by default), by clicking on Other locations from the sidebar, then Computer . From there you can find the opt folder that contains the lampp folder.
How do I use xampp?
- Step 1: Download. …
- Step 2: Run .exe file. …
- Step 3: Deactivate any antivirus software. …
- Step 4: Deactivate UAC. …
- Step 5: Start the setup wizard. …
- Step 6: Choose software components. …
- Step 7: Choose the installation directory. …
- Step 8: Start the installation process.
Does XAMPP install MySQL?
Xampp is a useful Apache distribution installer that will let you install phpMyAdmin, MySQL, as well as FileZilla and Apache.
Can you use XAMPP as a web server?
XAMPP is one of the most robust personal web server applications. It is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS environments. It is also very easy to install, configure and use. Using a personal web server allows you to work locally from your own laptop or PC for development purposes.
How do I download XAMPP on Linux?
About This Article
- Go to https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html.
- Click XAMPP for Linux to download.
- Open a terminal window.
- Use “chmod +x” to make the downloaded file executable.
- Use “sudo ./(filename)” to run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install.