How do I run a .SQL script in Linux?
Create a sample database
- On your Linux machine, open a bash terminal session.
- Use sqlcmd to run a Transact-SQL CREATE DATABASE command. Bash Copy. /opt/mssql-tools/bin/sqlcmd -S localhost -U SA -Q ‘CREATE DATABASE SampleDB’
- Verify the database is created by listing the databases on your server. Bash Copy.
How do I run a SQL script?
To execute a script from the SQL Scripts page:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. …
- From the View list, select Details and click Go. …
- Click the Run icon for the script you want to execute. …
- The Run Script page appears. …
- Click Run to submit the script for execution.
How do I run a MySQL script in Linux?
How to run SQL script in MySQL?
- Now, File -> Open SQL Script to open the SQL script. …
- After browsing .sql files, you need to select the option “Reconnect to database” as shown in the following screenshot −
- Now, it will ask for password to connect with MySQL. …
- Note − Press OK button twice to connect with MySQL.
How do I run a SQL script in terminal?
To run SQL files from the terminal, you can use the source or the backslash and dot command ( . ) Next, enter the password for your root user. The path /Users/nsebhastian/Desktop/test/main. sql above needs to be changed to the SQL file path on your computer.
How do I run a SQL query in Unix?
SQL*Plus Command-line Quick Start for UNIX
- Open a UNIX terminal.
- At the command-line prompt, enter the SQL*Plus command in the form: $> sqlplus.
- When prompted, enter your Oracle9i username and password. …
- SQL*Plus starts and connects to the default database.
How do I run a SQL script in mssql?
Select the appropriate StarTeam Server database. Open the tuning script, by choosing File > Open > foldernamescriptname. Execute the script, by clicking the Execute button on the toolbar or by pressing F5.
How do I run a script from command line?
Steps to write and execute a script
- Open the terminal. Go to the directory where you want to create your script.
- Create a file with . sh extension.
- Write the script in the file using an editor.
- Make the script executable with command chmod +x <fileName>.
- Run the script using ./<fileName>.
How do I run a SQL Server command line?
Start the sqlcmd utility and connect to a default instance of SQL Server
- On the Start menu, select Run. In the Open box type cmd, and then select OK to open a Command Prompt window. …
- At the command prompt, type sqlcmd.
- Press ENTER. …
- To end the sqlcmd session, type EXIT at the sqlcmd prompt.
How do I run a MySQL query in Unix?
For example, when it is required to schedule a backup of MySQL database or to automate execution of some SQL queries with a Bash script.
MySQL: Execute SQL Queries From The Linux Shell.
|–database , -D||The database to use.|
|–host , -h||Connect to the MySQL server on the given host.|
How do I run a SQL file in Oracle SQL Developer?
A slightly simpler method, though, is to just use drag-and-drop:
- Click and drag your . sql file over to Oracle SQL Developer.
- The contents will appear in a “SQL Worksheet”
- Click “Run Script” button, or hit F5 , to run.
How do I run MySQL from command line?
Open the mysql command line tool:
- In the Windows Command Prompt, run the command: mysql -u userName -p.
- Enter your password when prompted.
How do I run a SQL script in Ubuntu?
use the MySQL command line client: mysql -h hostname -u user database < path/to/test. sql. Install the MySQL GUI tools and open your SQL file, then execute it.
How do I run a SQL script from a batch File?
batch file to run sql scripts
- SET SQLCMD=”C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL Server100ToolsBinnSQLCMD.EXE”
- SET PATH=”C:pathtosqlfiles”
- SET SERVER=”ServerInstance”
- SET DB=”Database”
- SET LOGIN=”sa”
- SET PASSWORD=”pass”
- SET OUTPUT=”C:OutputLog.txt”
- CD %PATH%