Setting Up the Shared Folder
- Select the guest machine you wish to share files with.
- Click Settings > Shared Folders.
- Right-click and select Add Shared Folder and use the following settings: Folder Path: Click the dropdown arrow, select Other, and navigate to the folder you would like to share. …
- Click OK.
In the Virtualbox Manager window, right-click on your guest machine and select Settings. In the left pane, select Shared Folders. Then click on the add button to add a shared folder.
Share folders between host and guest
- From the top menu bar of VirtualBox, go to Shared Folders > Shared Folders Settings.
- You will see the following settings window in your guest system. …
- In the Add Share dialog box, select the shared folder using the Folder Path drop-down, and choose a folder from your host OS.
To share a host folder with a virtual machine in Oracle VM VirtualBox, you must specify the path of the folder and choose a share name that the guest can use to access the shared folder. This happens on the host. In the guest you can then use the share name to connect to it and access files.
Choose the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings:
- Go to the Options tab and select the Shared Folders option:
- Under Folder sharing, choose a sharing option. …
- The Add Shared Folder Wizard opens. …
- Type the path on the host system to the directory you want to share and specify its name:
Virtualbox: Share A Folder in Ubuntu Host to Windows Guest
- Navigate to Shared Folders in left pane.
- Click ‘Adds new shared folder’ button in the right.
- In next pop-up dialog do: Folder Path, choose a folder in the Host OS to share with. Folder Name, auto generated after chosen folder. Enable ‘Auto-mount’.
Within VMWare Workstation, choose your virtual machine and click on Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings. Click on Options > Shared Folders. You can then choose a sharing option under Folder Sharing. Click on Add to set up your shared folder and follow the on-screen instructions in the Add Shared Folder Wizard.
- Select the virtual machine and select Player > Manage > Virtual Machine Settings.
- On the Options tab, select Shared Folders.
- Select a folder sharing option.
From Virtual menu go to Devices->Shared Folders then add a new folder in the list, this folder should be the one in windows which you want to share with Ubuntu(Guest OS). Make this created folder auto-mount.
- Open VirtualBox.
- Right-click your VM, then click Settings.
- Go to Shared Folders section.
- Add a new shared folder.
- On Add Share prompt, select the Folder Path in your host that you want to be accessible inside your VM.
- In the Folder Name field, type shared.
- Uncheck Read-only and Auto-mount, and check Make Permanent.
How do I enable copy and paste between VirtualBox and host?
2. Enable Copy & Paste ( Share Clipboard ), Drag & Drop Between Oracle VirtualBox Virtual Machine And Host Machine Steps.
- Right-click the virtual machine in VirtualBox.
- Then click Settings… …
- Then click the Advanced tab in the General settings window.
- Select Bidirectional item in the Shared Clipboard drop-down list.
From the VirtualBox Manager, select your Kali Linux VM instance and click on the Shared Folders link in the right window pane. This will launch a pop up window for adding shared folders. Within this window click the Add Folders icon.