To access a shared folder on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Right-click and paste the network path for the shared folder in the address bar and press Enter. Source: Windows Central.
- Confirm your account credentials (if applicable).
- Upload, download, or modify files as necessary.
The easiest way to find a list of network shared folders is to use File Explorer (Windows 10) or Windows Explorer (Windows 8 and Windows 7). Open Windows File Explorer, go to the Folders pane, and select Network. Select the computer that has the shared folders you want to browse.
To view files you’ve shared, press the Win and R keys to open the RUN box. Type fsmgmt. msc and click Accept. A new window will appear showing all the files you are sharing.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How can I access files on another computer on my network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
Add members and set access levels:
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the left, click Shared drives and double-click one of your shared drives.
- At the top, click Manage members.
- Add names, email addresses, or a Google Group. New members must have a Google account. …
- To change: …
- Click Send.
The simplest method for viewing the folders that you have shared in Windows is from File Explorer if you’re using Windows 10 or 8.1, or Windows Explorer if you’re using Windows 7. Open it, and then expand the Network section from the left side of the window, and click or tap on the name of your Windows PC.
How do I share files or folders over a network now?
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
How do I fix network sharing on Windows 10?
2. How do I fix Network Sharing Not Working?
- Enable and Use File Sharing Properly.
- Turn Password Protection Off.
- Add a Windows Credential.
- Disable IPv6.
- Change File Sharing Connections.
- Disable Antivirus on Your PC.
- Enable the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support.
- Update Windows to the Latest Version.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the shared folder.
- Select Properties, and then select Advanced Sharing on the Sharing tab.
- Select Permissions, check Allow for Full Control of Everyone, and then press Enter.
- Select OK on the Advanced Sharing dialog box.
How to Fix Windows 10 Cannot Access Shared Folder
- Update Windows 10.
- Set Your WiFi Network to Private.
- Enable Network Discovery and Disable Password Protected Sharing.
- Make Sharing Services Start Automatically.
- Allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows Defender Firewall.
- Check Your Windows Credentials.