Why is my computer shutting down and restarting by itself?
A faulty power supply can also cause a computer shuts down by itself. Battery problem is another major reason for the random shutdown of the laptop. This problem usually occurs after a long use age of laptops or excessive charging. If your laptop shuts down randomly, test your battery if it’s working well or not.
How do I stop Windows 10 suddenly restarting shutdown?
In the Windows Search bar, type Advanced settings and choose View advanced system settings from the list of results. Open Advanced. Open Settings under Startup and Recovery section. Uncheck the Automatically restart box and confirm the changes.
Why does my Windows 10 keep crashing and restarting?
Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to reboot automatically. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphic Card or External devices: – or it could be an overheating or BIOS issue. For this, you have to manually check them one by one.
How do you fix the computer when it keeps restarting?
How to Fix a Windows PC that Keeps Rebooting
- 1 Boot the PC into Safe Mode if Necessary. …
- 2 Disable Automatic Restart. …
- 3 Disable Fast Startup. …
- 4 Uninstall Latest Updates. …
- 5 Uninstall Recently Installed Apps. …
- 6 Unplug Unnecessary Peripherals. …
- 7 Revert Windows to an Earlier System Restore Point.
How do you fix a computer that randomly restarts?
Windows 10 PC Randomly Restarting
- Enter “This PC/My Computer/computer” into the search box next to “Start.”
- Right-click on the result.
- Go to “Properties.”
- Navigate to “Advanced System Settings,” then “Settings….”
- Uncheck the “Automatically Restart” feature and press “OK.”
How do I get the blue screen of death on Windows 10?
After a restart, you can force a blue screen by holding the right farthest Ctrl Key and pressing the Scroll Lock key twice. Once done, the system triggers KeBugCheck to generate a 0xE2 error, and a blue screen pops up with a message as Manullay_INITIATED_CRASH.
How can I repair my Windows 10?
- Navigate to the Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options menu. …
- Once your computer has booted, select Troubleshoot.
- And then you’ll need to click Advanced options.
- Click Startup Repair.
- Complete step 1 from the previous method to get to Windows 10’s Advanced Startup Options menu.
- Click System Restore.
Why is my computer frozen on restarting?
The reason why the restart is taking forever to complete might be an unresponsive process running in the background. For example, the Windows system is trying to apply a new update but something stops from working properly during the restart operation.